You Prep It – We Paint It ! All you do is supply the paint materials. We’ll supply the rest.
Do you have your car or truck all bodyworked and prepped ready to paint but you’ve changed your mind on doing it yourself?
Save yourself the trouble and headache (and lost sleep!) We can mask and paint it for you!
We can MASK AND PAINT it for you at a great low cost!
You supply all materials except masking materials.
This cost includes us masking the car/truck and we will use our own masking materials (masking tape, foam tape, masking paper)
Cost for this service starts at $750. Cost really depends on what car or truck model you need painted.
Additional charges are added if the car/truck is not together (i.e. if the bumper, doors, fenders, spoiler, skirts are painted separate from the rest of the body)
Most jobs done within 2 days.
Want to paint your car or truck yourself? You can rent our spray booth
Some ‘basic’ tips for the do-it-yourselfers
- Don’t use a drill setup to sand your car. Using a DA (dual action sander) whether it’s an electric or pneumatic is your best choice. See my list of my favorite ‘go-to’ tools to use. This may come in handy for you. You can also check out the listing of products you may need.
- If you have expensive wheels/rims you may want to change those out with some roller wheels so you don’t risk getting overspray on them. OR you can just be sure to mask them up along with the wheel covers we can supply for you
- Don’t leave masking tape on too long. If you leave it on too long, you should remove it and clean those areas before you bring it here. This is a real paint to do once the car is painted.
- If you got a lot of dust on the inside of the car, be sure and clean and blow it out first.
- Be sure and clean any primer overspray off your weatherstripping or glass before you bring it to us. Again, this is easier to do before your vehicle gets painted
- You should use a 2K primer when priming. Try to avoid using lacquer primer. Very small areas okay, but avoid it on the larger areas.
- When feeling your bodywork, ALWAYS keep your hand flat on the surface. Remember, if you can feel it, you will see it when it’s painted.
The base cost is to paint exterior only. Jams extra
We can supply the paint materials added cost
Cost given is with the car as a single unit (no parts removed i.e bumpers, sunroof, hood….)
- Normally the more you spend on the paint materials, the better the paint job will come out AND the durability is greater. I personally like hi-solids clearcoat. This is a thicker (and slightly harder to paint). This has good hold out and will last long. I personally like the Shop-Line JC6700. Concept is very good as well but costly
For basecoat, Omni + (PLUS) is a great basecoat, but PPG Delton is better. Plan on spending $500-$1300 a gallon for Deltron though.
- Need some auto body prep and body tools? See our store
Want more tips and info?
Be sure and check out my forum that I started back in 2000
I don’t tend to it like I used to, but TONS of info on it. Be sure and “search” for the info you are looking for. This used to be a VERY busy forum.
Custom Paint Forum
Feel free to register and participate though