1972 Montego GT 429 - November Updates
11-1 Got my 9" center section back
11-2 Welded the panels in the left quarter. The frame is now a roller!!!!
11-8-both quarters are now in primer
11-28 Inside is now painted
11-1-13 Picked up my Ford 9" center section. Went with a 3.25 gear
Alan's Gearworks in Clearwater built the center section
New gasket, center section, copper crush washers along with the trackion lok modifier ready to go back in the rear
11-2-13 Installed the center section along with the axles. Had new bearings installed on the axles a couple weeks ago
Axles are installed
Installed the drums - painted with Cast Blast
Finally a roller
11-2-13 (3 months 1 week since I started the project. You can also see how the right quarter is coming along.
I installed the wheels that came on the car when I bought it. They are NOT the correct wheels. I'm just using these to be able to roll the frame around.
11-2 Started the welding on the left quarter. I had my body guy (Adam) do the welding.
I'll do the fiberlgass and bodywork
New panel I had made up. This has the same angles as the stock panel
Here it is all welded up, and sand blasted. I also resanded the area around it
11-3 I put on some fiberglass matting and resin
11-3 Turned the frame around so we could get better pics of the rear.
11-6 Received my new Addco sway bar. Painted the smaller pieces in a cast color so it would look more original.
11-6 Bodywork on the left quarter
11-7 Almost ready for primer
11-7 Left quarter in primer
Pic of the right quarter
Right quarter blocked and reprimed
11-9 Rear sway bar installed
11-14 Digging in (litterely on removing the undercoating. I'll probably just clean up the floor and re-undercoat. It must have had 5 undercoating jobs on it.
This stuff was thick!
Firewall reference pic. Notice the wasps nest! 5 years of sitting around.
11-25 Out comes the dash
The body in raw form
A gutted firewall
Results of a car that sat for 5 years+
11-28-13 Painted the inside
11-29 Painted the pieces that cover the wires going back to the trunk. These were right after painting.
They look gloss, but dried to a semi-gloss
11-30 Started putting back together the parts I took out when I painted the interior. I cleaned the sound deadeners.
I will reuse most of them as they were in very nice shape, and very thick.
I ran some speaker wire along with the rest of the wires (inc orig speaker wires) in anticipation that I will buy better speakers for the rear deck.